Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Amp - Vox AC15C1

My new amp arrived last friday and after having spend the last three days playing the shit out of it, I can say that I'm in love with this thing.

It's a member of the family of the latest amps in the Custom Classic series from Vox; a Vox AC15C1. Don't let the 15 watts fool you, this thing is loud. This 15 watts all tube amp kills the 75 watts Line 6 transister amp I have. Of course it's not a matter of how loud it is, the sound is what matters, and it sounds incredible; exactly what I was searching for. I had plans of changing the stock Celestion Greenback speaker to a Celestion Blue, but right now I'm perfectly happy with the Green one - it's killer!

I tried a bunch of amps before deciding that it was either going to be this one or a Fender Hot Rod, but in the end the Vox won me over. It seemed to me much more diverse, capable of more then the FHR. I still think the FHR is a good amp, even though I've heard otherwise from a lot of people, but I love the thickness in tone on this Vox that the Hot Rod seemed to be lacking.

Just look at it. It looks as good as it sounds:




And best of all. To my surprise it sounds great with my old customized Les Paul.
I solely brought it based on how it did with my Telecaster, didn't expect it to be this good with the Les Paul. Win - Win.

No comments: